Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Graduation Weekend

I'm baa-ack!!

Sorry I've been gone so long, friends!  But with good reason- J and I were on a trip to Ohio over the long weekend.
Nah, it's not really that bad!  We even made it back to not-so-sunny North Carolina!  

My baby brother Scott is officially a high school graduate!

On Saturday, we had the distinct privilege to sit through THE most boring graduation ceremony known to man.  I mean, do the Distinguished Alumni really need to speak for half an hour??  I think not.  However, that didn't stop them.  And if you ask me, they really weren't all that distinguished to begin with.

We did get to enjoy a celebratory dinner at Montgomery Inn afterward.  This was worth the wait.  For those of you non-Cincinnatians, Montgomery Inn has THE best ribs on the face of the planet.  So good that even I eat them.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Here (and only here), I eat mean off of a bone.  They're THAT good.


Sunday was Scottie's graduation party at my parent's house.  Lots of good food to eat!  (Hmm, I'm sensing a theme here...do you think I was excited about the food??  I guess that's what happens when you're used to drinking a "shake" for the majority of your meals at home.)  Lots of friends and family were there, including one of the salutatorians of Scott's class.  This kid was the highlight of graduation (aside from my bro, of course).  His awesome speech included a rap in the style of "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" and some self-deprecating ginger humor, which we all know I'm on board with.

Monday we were back in the airports, on our way home!


I had to include a few pictures of the glowy, trippy Detroit airport tunnel.  Coolest thing about Detroit, if you ask me.

Now, home sweet home and back to the grindstone.  In just a couple of months, Scottie will be livin' the North Carolina life, too!  He is NC State bound this fall!!  Huzzah!

All-in-all, not a bad weekend!  However, if I said I wasn't excited that this was our one and only graduation this year, I'd be lying.

But for a kid as cool as Scott, we were truly happy to be there to celebrate with him.

Happy graduation, broski!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...