Friday, December 10, 2010

Stuck in a Rut

Dear Readers,

I realize that I have been horribly bad about keeping up with the ole' blog.  Although I have not yet missed an update from The Peanut Gallery- for I am fearful of an uprising if such occasion ever were to occur- I have been, well, LAME with all other forms of posting.

It is not because I have forgotten about you!

I am having trouble thinking up things to blog about that aren't baby related.

When I first found out I was pregnant, I vowed to not make this pregnancy and baby the only thing I could talk about.  I mean, YES, I am THRILLED to be pregnant, and can't wait for Gabe to get here!  But that's not the ONLY thing going on in my life, right?  Certainly I can think of other things to discuss.

Well, it turns out that lately, I can't think of other things to discuss.  Every time I think to myself, "Oh!  I should blog about this!," it inevitably revolves around something like breast pumps or strollers or car seats, oh my!

So in order to maintain my promise that this wouldn't turn into a full-on "Mommy Blog," I don't post at all.

Well, friends- times, they are a changin'.  I've come to accept that at this very moment in time, baby mania has taken over.  I only have just over ten weeks until d-day.  Ten weeks.  I guess it's only natural that at this point, all things baby related are at the forefront of my mind.

So I'm going to post away!  Hopefully, a few non-baby related items will sneak in from time to time, but don't be too terribly disappointed if they don't.

And if the baby mania drives you a little crazy, I apologize.  There will come a day when my life settles back into a state of 'normal'- or, at the very least, a 'new normal'.  I'm sure once my body is my own again, my brain will once again turn to other things!

Thanks for sticking with me, readers!

Sincerely,
Your obsessed-with-all-things-baby blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...