Sunday, February 18, 2018

Classic Honey Badger

One of those milestones in kids lives is the first loose tooth.  I feel like most kids- especially those with older siblings- get super excited at the first sign of a wiggly tooth.  They are constantly putting their fingers in their mouths, pushing and pulling on the tooth, checking to see if maybe it moves a little bit more today than it did yesterday.  Basically, counting the days until the Tooth Fairy arrives.

Not my kid.

The other day, Margot said, with her deadpan, expressionless voice: "I used to have this tooth I could chew with, but now, it's gonna fall out."

I was so excited!  I assumed that she had just realized she has a loose tooth.  I asked her to show me.

Guys, it was barely hanging on by a thread.  That tooth had to have been loose for weeks.  She never thought it was worth mentioning!

I told her that the tooth was certainly going to fall out that day, and after thinking about it for a minute, also told her that she should be sure to tell me when that happened.

I was totally surprised when she went to bed that night, teeth still intact.

The next morning, I greeted the kids at the breakfast table.  I made the coffee, packed the lunches, and went about my morning business.  About a half hour later, Margot says "Mom!  Look what I found on the table!"

The tooth, of course.

I asked "Did your tooth just fall out?!?"

Margot says "No, it fell out in my bed."

She explained to me that she was pushing it around with her tongue, and it just fell out onto her bed.  And she brought it downstairs with her. 

And she didn't think that was immediately worth mentioning.

Honey badger just don't give a shit.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...