Monday, February 12, 2018

She's Three!

**Better late than never.  My sweet child, please don't take my tardiness as I sign that I love you any less than your siblings, whose birthday posts have been on time.  Just take it as a sign that you three munchkins keep Mama super busy.**
 Oh, Miss Charlotte.  How can it be possible that three whole years have passed since you came into our lives?  It seems like only yesterday we brought you home from the hospital, a tiny little smooshy bundle of snuggle.
My how you have grown over the past year.  You have developed such a personality!  I think you may be a bit like your mama.  You are social!  You have never met a stranger.  You'll play with any kid, anywhere.  You smile and wave at everyone as we walk by.  And if someone wants to pick you up and hold you, they are immediately your best friend. 

You are so affectionate, especially with your parents.  I always hoped I'd have a baby that just wanted to snuggle her mama, and you are that baby!  You are constantly climbing into bed with me, giving hugs and kisses, and saying "I love you, Mama."  You are so anxious to greet me in the morning, in fact, that a couple of weeks ago, you came into my room in the morning.  When I told you that I was still sleeping, you whispered "That's okay, I still coming up."
You adore your siblings.  I love to hear your laughs when you are playing with them.  They have taught you how to use your imagination, and you create characters and use little voices.  You can whinny like a horse while you gallop around the house better than any 3-year old I've ever met.  Whatever Gabe and Margot are doing, you want to do.  They are teaching you all about independence.  One of your most repeated phrases these days is "I just doing it myself."
You are so girly.  The first thing you do in the morning is put on your "princess" shoes.  Pink, sparkly high heels that you run around in (ummm...like mother, like daughter).  You'd prefer to wear a floral dress or better yet, a tutu each day.  You like to have a bow in your hair, or maybe a braid like Elsa.  You were thrilled to receive a little purse for your birthday.      
You are growing up into a little person, but you still say words like skideddi and reindadeer.  And yes, my heart will break when you stop these adorable mispronunciations.  Just like it breaks every day when you tell me "I'm not a baby anymore, I a tobbler."
WHY MUST YOU INSIST ON GROWING UP?

My baby, you were the PERFECT addition to our family, and you really do complete us.  I love you with every bit of my heart.  I know you must grow up, but I'm begging you- please keep snuggling your Mama forever and ever.
  



  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...