Friday, December 7, 2012

Bump Watch: Week 34

That leaves us with only six weeks left to gestate here, folks.
Well, my fears have lessened after my last OB appointment.  As of right not, I am not growing a giant.  We had an ultrasound last week that showed the little lady's growth to be in the 66th percentile.  Certainly not small, but not a 12-pounder, either.  Doc says that she looks to be on track to be just about the same size as the nugget.  And if birthing him didn't kill me, birthing her won't, either.

Apparently, though, my uterus IS of the extra large variety.  I measured a whopping SIX weeks ahead following the ultrasound.  Luckily, we had just gotten a peek to know that everything is fine in there, otherwise the doctor would have had some concerns.  But I guess those extra centimeters are just "me," as he said.  What this means is that even though baby is of the appropriate size and fluid is of the appropriate level, they probably won't let me go past my due date.  (THANK YOU, LORD!)

And that's what we learned.

This late ultrasound was not nearly as exciting as the late one we had with Gabe.  But I'm okay with this.  It turns out there was not much we could actually see, since this one is head down and facing my back, like a good little girl.  She has assumed the position.  So we couldn't see her face.  Fingers crossed that she stays this way!

What we could see, however...was hair.  She will not be a baldy like her mama was.  I can't wait to see if she has as much hair as her brother did, and if she will be another ginger to add to the family!

This is the only shot we took away from that appointment- her noggin, covered by fuzzy hair.  We may not be able to see her face, but we'll be seeing it live and in person in just a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...