Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Grammy Fashion Recap



The Grammy Awards are a different sort of night...less class, more pizazz.  (Wow, that may be the very first time I've used the word pizazz- and I'm not sure I like it.)  The attire is more frivolous and fun, and much less formal.  Now I happen to L.O.V.E. the formal, but the Grammys are definitely a fun distraction from the rest of the award season!

Onto the best and worst of the night.

BEST DRESSED: 

Jenna Ushkowitz (from Glee) wearing Pamela Dennis.  Definitely not your every day dress, but oh-so-fun for the Grammys.

Jennifer Hudson in Versace.  She just looks smokin'.  Her body has never looked more incredible. 

Hands down my favorite of the night!  Jennifer Lopez in Pucci.  Now THIS is how to dress for the Grammys.  And by the by, I couldn't possibly covet those shoes more.
    
WORST DRESSED:

Rihanna in Jean-Paul Gaultier.  I can't decide if this dress reminds me more of tacky, white Christmas tinsel that you might find on a pink faux tree, or those cheap plastic "leis" that you might find at a child's luau-themed birthday bash.  Either way, ick.

Katy Perry in Armani, with feathered wings by Mother Plucker.  I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

Nicki Minaj in Givenchy.  Now I'm not going to pretend that I am cool enough to know who this person is, but I definitely have enough sense to know too much leopard when I see it.  And the hair?  Yikes.

HONORABLE MENTION:
Normally, I ignore the men, as at these shows, a tux is a suit is a tux.  But at the Grammys, men play by no such rules.  And while many men managed to look fabulous in their more casual attire, one man failed the test.  In a BIG way.
Ricky Martin, in pants by an an unknown designer.  (Maybe I couldn't find mention of the designer because he is ashamed of what he created?)  Oh, Ricky.  I understand that you are finally out and proud, and I couldn't be happier for you!  But that is NO EXCUSE for skin tight, shiny, silver pants. 

1 comment:

  1. Ricky Martin is a god. And all his looks are divine. He looks adorable in those skin tight, shiny, silver pants

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...