Tuesday, February 12, 2019

The Sweetest Four Year Old

That's my Charlotte.

My heart hurts a little writing this.  Literally just this morning, Facebook showed me this memory:
It will always be one of my very favorite pictures.  Exhausted as I was, I was just so happy.  My tiny little squish, all cuddled up on my chest.  Nothing in this world is better than a baby sleeping on your chest, amIright??

And now she's four.

I just don't understand how time can pass by so quickly.  It's this weird thing that moms have, not wanting their babies to grow up.  And I think with Charlotte being my last, I am even more desperate to hang onto her littleness.  In my mind, age four is a definite switch.  Once they hit four, every trace of baby is gone, and they are now just kids. 

Don't mind me sobbing in the corner over here.

But as much as I wish Charlotte would forever be my tiny baby, it is also pretty great to see her personality continue to develop.  If you have met her, you know she really is just the sweetest.  She has such a kind heart, and is a friend to everyone.  If you haven't met her, I guarantee that she'd charm you in an instant. 

She is charming.
This past year has been a big one for her.  She started school, which was a dream come true for her.  If she wants anything in life, it's to do the things her big siblings do.  If they can do it, she is sure she can do it.  She's paid her dues, watching them get go to school or dance class or to a friend's house to play.  She is beyond thrilled that she can now do those things, as well.


She is fashionable.  She has strong opinions about what she'll wear.  Don't even try to hand this one jeans and a shirt.  If it's not a dress (preferably with a tutu), she's not interested.  Sneakers?  Nope.  Only slip-on dress shoes.  No socks, thankyouverymuch.  And the accessories- oh, the accessories.  She won't be caught without them.  Even while she sleeps.





She loves princesses and unicorns and kittens and pink and purple.  And she loves her best friend Margot more than ice cream. 
And perhaps my favorite thing about her is she loves to cuddle.  She may not be as tiny as she was in that Facebook memory, but she still loves to snuggle in.
Charlotte Marie, my beautiful baby, I love you so much sometimes I think my heart just might explode.  Happy 4th birthday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...