Friday, April 22, 2011

The Royal Hoopla

I am sure that all of my readers who know me will find this absolutely SHOCKING, but I am kinda over the constant barrage of media coverage regarding the Royal Wedding.  (And for those of you who don't know me, this is shocking because it involves things such as a princess, tiara, and designer duds...all things that are among my favorites.) 

A recent study showed that this oh-so-important event is mentioned online every ten seconds.  Whoa.  Apparently Twitter is all a-tweet over the royal extravaganza.  

It seems that everywhere I turn, I am faced with an article about the impending nuptials.  I have seen blog posts, magazine articles, and news reports covering everything from who designed Kate's gown, to what the goings-on will be at their respective stag and hen parties (that's bachelor and bachelorette, for those of you who don't speak British), and even a minute-by-minute account of what will go down on the big day. Apparently, there is even a kiss scheduled into the events (at 1:25, in case you were wondering)!

I just find that I don't care so much!  Is that wrong?  According to the aforementioned study, I am greatly outnumbered by those tweeters who care.  Six-to-one, as a matter of fact.  But I just can't bring myself to speculate over what flavor the royal cake will be, or who has made the royal guest list, or will there be royal tongue involved in that scheduled 1:25 pm kiss.

Can't we give the mass media coverage a rest?? 

Or perhaps I should look into news sources other than People Magazine and E! News, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...