|Enjoying a lollipop, which he loves. What does he NOT love? Having his picture taken.|
My boy is starting to develop a personality, and he is so much fun. He is beginning to say new words at a rapid pace. He can run and jump and climb with the big kids, And this week marks the first time I've seen him exhibit a sense of humor, and it was amazing! He laughed- big, huge, belly laughed- at a silly part of a movie. It is so incredible to watch my boy learn and grow!
Gabe's favorites at two:
- Cars. He can differentiate between a car and a truck. Lately he's figured out what a jeep is. And in the construction vehicle department, he likes to point out and name dump trucks and cement mixers. Trains and airplanes are fun, too. He likes things that GO!
- Books. This boy would sit and read and read and read all the livelong day. This makes my heart happy.
- The alphabet. Gabe knows all of his capital letters, and a few lowercase here and there. He likes to point out and name the letters he sees. I am amazed that he already has this knowledge at such a young age. Which brings me to his next favorite...
- Super Why! What a great show. I am confident that this show is what got my boy started identifying letters. We, of course, nurtured and encouraged this. Gabe also likes to watch Dinosaur Train and Sesame Street. We haven't completely forsaken his old friends over at Yo Gabba Gabba, but I much prefer PBS.
- Technology. Big surprise here, right? Gabe is more than competent with his iPad. Yes, his iPad. He comandeered J's original pad, and J got a mini for Christmas, so now Gabe has his very own. He has several apps that he knows and loves. He also loves the iPhone. (Best thing ever for keeping kids content whilst out in public. Not sure how people parented before this best invention ever.)
Although the nugget is officially a terrible two, he is still pretty happy, fun, and well behaved. He has his moments (don't we all?), but overall, he is a really great kid. I can't wait to see what the next year has in store!
|Two year old Gabe, playing at the park.|