Friday, January 11, 2013

Bump Watch: Week 39

Well...this is the end.
Little Miss Margot Claire is coming this weekend.  She has been given 48 hours notice, and if she has not vacated the premises willingly in that time frame, she will be evicted.

I've gotta say, I never thought I'd be so thrilled about an induction.

I'd love to say that I'm a fan of the natural, of letting things happen on their own timetable.  And with Gabe, I was lucky that he came on his own in a timely manner.  But the truth is, I'm am so ready to get this little one out of me that I don't really care how it happens.

And I got lucky.

I've been told for awhile now that they would not let me go past my due date, since there is a chance that this little lady is on the larger side.  Fine by me.  The only condition was that I have a "favorable cervix" prior to induction.  I was a tad worried about this, since I never dilated even a measly centimeter prior to labor with the nugget.  So imagine my delight when I heard the doctor say I was "a good 3" this morning!  HUZZAH!  FAVORABLE!

So she left me to go and check the hospital schedule for next week.

When she returned to the room, she told me that THE ENTIRE WEEK was booked.  As in, not one single open spot for an induction.  And the moment I started bumming hard about this news, she followed up with "so I took the liberty of scheduling you for Sunday."

Bless you, doctor friend.

They don't normally induce on the weekends, but she is a kind soul who took pity on me (and really didn't want me delivering past my due date), so she is coming in on a Sunday to get this kid born.

Will I miss the excitement of the onset of labor?  Sure.  That was definitely a moment I'll always remember.  Am I excited that the end is here, and that I can take a minute to put all of our final plans definitively in place beforehand?  You betcha.

So this is it, friends.  The final Bump Watch.  I'm quite certain that I'll be MIA for awhile (I'm sure you'll understand), but I promise to update and photo bomb as soon as I am able!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...